Secretary (Government Relations) - Office of Public Safety
Position: Secretary, Government Relations, Office of Public Safety
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
The jobholder is responsible for carrying out any assigned duties dealing with governmental authorities around the region as well as updating all their contacts. Assisting in all administrative and secretarial work for the Office of Public Safety.
- Assist in and manage office correspondences as well as contacts within and outside of AUC.
- Assist in the administrative duties of the executive director for public safety and the public safety office's administrative assistant as assigned.
- Organize and maintain the office's filing system.
- Responsible for carrying out desired contacts with governmental authorities and maintaining a governmental authorities contact database.
- Manage limited SAP system requisitions.
- Maintain accurate and updated communications with public safety departments.
- Maintain stock levels for office supplies.
- Effectively communicate with all campus staff, faculty and students.
- Perform highly responsible and confidential, secretarial duties and administrative functions for the Office of Public Safety.
- Type, proofread and distribute reports, correspondences, forms, of a specialized and confidential nature.
- Answer telephone inquiries, take and relay messages, screens calls, respond to telephone inquires whenever possible and forward calls to appropriate channels.
- Prepares the daily appointment schedule for supervisor. Makes and confirms appointments as directed. Schedules meetings.
- Logs and tracks all equipment or assets leaving AUC for repair, modification or maintenance.
- Organizes and maintains files of records of correspondence.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the executive director for public safety or administrative assistant.
- Minimum education requirement: University degree in a related field
- Experience: Minimum two years in relevant work environment
- Very good command of English language both spoken and written.
- Basic administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies
- High level of integrity, concentration and attention to details.
- Advanced office computing skills
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well with service departments
- Good management and organization skills
Position is open until filled.
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills.